Wednesday, February 21

Virdot & Borges' Instants .

When Ricardo Vidort passed away many of us felt sad for such loss. Those who met him remember him with much fondness. He was a wonderful and happy individual who as "A Tango Artist" attracted many admirers for his 'Style'.

I doubt if he wanted to be remembered more reverentially in any other way than for whom he actually was in his real life. What I know of him is very brief but what I remember most is that he always had a big smile on his face wherever he was seen.

Could it be that he took the famous Argentine poet, Jorge Luis Borges' words of living our life in "Instants", on board and that he led and lived a life according to that poem to the very end?

Personally I can only dream of such freedom in living of my life. It is either because that I am too frightened to let go or that I am still too young to appreciate all my chances for living my life by hindsight of Borges' Instants.


Instants

If I could live again my life,
In the next - I'll try,
- to make more mistakes,

I won't try to be so perfect,
I'll be more relaxed,
I'll be more full - than I am now,

In fact, I'll take fewer things seriously,
I'll be less hygienic,
I'll take more risks,
I'll take more trips,
I'll watch more sunsets,
I'll climb more mountains,
I'll swim more rivers,
I'll go to more places - I've never been,
I'll eat more ice creams and less (lime) beans,

I'll have more real problems - and less imaginary ones,

I was one of those people who live
prudent and prolific lives -
each minute of his life,
Off course that I had moments of joy - but,
if I could go back I'll try to have only good moments,

If you don't know – that's what life is made of,
Don't lose the now!

I was one of those who never goes anywhere
without a thermometer,
without a hot-water bottle,
and without an umbrella and without a parachute,

If I could live again - I will travel light,
If I could live again - I'll try to work bare feet
at the beginning of spring till
the end of autumn,

I'll ride more carts,
I'll watch more sunrises and play with more children,
If I have the life to live - but now I am 85,

- and I know that I am dying ...

Jorge Luis Borges


MilongaCat is the only cat who loves you back!

1 comment:

LS said...

I think you are not alone there... many of us live with the fear of letting go, setting ourselves free from our everyday life, from our routines and of things or people that we don't totally appreciate or that we don't want to be with. Perhaps that is a part of life, and a part of growing... perhaps we do live those 'instants' without us realising it.

Thank you for sharing your words. :)