Tuesday, February 13

Temptation

Temptation is adorable. I for one can never resist the tango-confusions when it is so clear to her that I had lost my ways a long time ago.

I told her the truth. I said "I want you just the way you are". She deliciously smiled and continued dancing and holding my embrace tight. We danced the steps that painted the tango colours of love: "temptation", to the melody of longing, desires and spell-binding charm.

Perhaps what we love about tango is the living of those moments that shadows us with love, or hides us from fears of admitting to needing love or that we might be missing something more dear in life.

Does tango imitate love or is it love that does act like a tango? What is in a tango that we wish love could also be like? Is Tango itself a love that never dies? Would tango forever scratch our hearts?


Wishing for a single "look of love", the one that fires up the long awaited whispers for tenderness and desires, the promise of sun burned kisses by lips that satisfy a maddening thirst, a touching embrace that lives only in the frames of a melody, getting closer to living a dream in some moments of duality of our reality, are these the same things that a tango can be like for you too?

Abandoning part of our lives to this realm which we like to possess and live within:- reality , is this what you do too? Maybe you pretend that none of these apply to you.

She held me a little closer this time and whispered "Just one more dance, but this time make sure you dance it with me, and let me watch that 'look of love' in your eyes!", she paused briefly and with a mocking voice added ""at least to the end of this song, can you keep it up that long!" and her giggles faded into her last remark.

She dances like a dream, and I love hearing all that she tells me through these songs. These are my temptations. She makes me fall for these irresistible tango colours of love and charm.

MilongaCat

No comments: