Wednesday, April 23

So Little To Say

I believe "the book" is always better than "the film", only because the reader is often the best director a story can get.

Perhaps that is why I enjoy the voyeurism that one experiences when reading other people's blogs. Some bloggers can write and describe a normal routine event in visiting their local milongas with such care and affection, and in such wonderful details that it becomes contagious. A compulsion is created for their readers. The compulsion is to want to visit some milonga somewhere before the end of that evening and wanting to experience what was read.

When I have so little to say or share I look even harder to read others when they have so much to.

MilongaCat
The only cat who loves you back!

4 comments:

tangobaby said...

Exactly! Blogs also present feelings and events that share a thread of commonality--something we can relate to, and that is comforting.

AlexTangoFuego said...

Me too...I'm hardly even dancing anymore...

La Tanguerita said...

I can't agree more: sometimes I have a feeling that everything has already been written about - before and better. So I'm reading more, but blogging less.

calvin dilbert Avi said...

It was refreshing reading many of your blog pages related to milongas in London. I am just a visitor here (and a fellow tangaero!) and it is creating the compulsion that you are talking about : "The compulsion is to want to visit some milonga somewhere before the end of that evening and wanting to experience what was read."

Hope to see you in one of the milongas in the city!