Wednesday, November 28

The Tastes

I loved how sweet her breath tasted. Amongst all the figures and many shadows in which the mirror reflected it was her smiling during our dances which were framed for me to take away in my memories of us dancing. I had turned her gently round; round one corner and then again round into another, and that was when I noticed her smiles for the very first time, she looked happy and content. I could see as well as sense her pleasure in dancing that valse.

The intensity of depth and the harmony of her synchronised breathing with mine was in itself hypnotic. It was with every breath of hers that I could taste a little more of her scent, her breath, her skin, a sweetness that was so unique; the taste of wild flowers and honey. I remember these taste vividly always. I had known them for so many years, they had stayed with me from the family trips to the country side. In our frequent all weekend picnics, sitting under the shades of some very large trees, and facing those tall mountains that were all covered in a blanket of green, with a backdrop scenery of wild flowers that went as far afield as eyes could see, those are where the scents were from, and now this woman whom I had not known for long reminded me of them.

The tastes of the sweet honey; the fresh salty crumbled cheese; both generously spread on a one day's old bread and eating these sandwiches as the honey dripped through our small child fingers made me and every other child feel truly content and happy for a very long time afterwards.

Combined with our dancing there were such abundance of thoughts of colours, shapes, and scents of high and low notes that I could not possibly gather them all in any single frame-of-mind.

When the songs had finished briefly I watched her closely and wondered "how could anyone paint the feelings of contentment in simplicity of two dimensions where the mirror had only managed to try?" - just!

There is so much to taste yet in our lives hence I wish us a never ending hunger; there is so much to search for and to learn hence I say "May we stay very foolish as long as we care to admit and dare to admire!"

MilongaCat
The only cat who loves you back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MilongaCat,
Your posting "The Tastes" brought back many sweet memories for me as well as a few tears.
Thank you for both!
We wouldn't be alive if we didn't dare to admire or lost our search and enthusiasm for what life offers us.

"Uncovered Sweet scents"

My needs are not consumed with lust.
Nor are they driven by temptating flesh!
Although I admit...
I enjoy slow peelings
Of uncovered sweet scents!
And once licked and nibbled...
I am encouraged to abandon,
My inhibitions!
Satisfying,
Until I have been completely
Indulged!
That is not lust.
Is it?
Or is it adapting to good taste?
My own.
With an urge to please!

Lawrence S. Pertillar

24tango said...

What a lovely poem! Thank you for sharing it.

I hope you too will soon renew those memories of sights and scents which you miss and have done so in many long years.

In the meantime, lets keep "home" at home where it belongs in our hearts.

MilongaCat