Thursday, March 20

through the widest of windows



I cried out aloud – it was through the widest of windows -
"Please don't walk on the grass!
Don't trample those! Please do let them be!"

Time ...just before another moon rise, cutting through the clouds
Once more...
the young blossoms greeting the dark...

Why do blossoms come of age so early?
Why would they not want to slow down?

Some never learn,
Some make friends with every breeze.
What is it about 'the death-wish' ?
- breaking these many of young hearts -
"... old news...", these tire my soul.

These burdens - too heavy.
- "How can we hold?"

- through the widest of windows - I cried out aloud:
"Blossoms! Beware!"
"Mind every breeze!"
"Don't play! It is a death-game...how can you see and not learn?!"

- In the morning after -
The massacred blossoms laid all over that lawn

I cried out aloud - through the widest of windows -
"Please don't walk on the grass!
Don't trample those! Let the dead blossoms just be!"

MilongaCat
The only cat who loves you back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear MilongaCat,
Reading your poem "Through the widest windows" brought tears to my eyes!
It's gentleness and simplicity touched my heart with joy and yet it's strength in showing the dark reality around us, made me believe there are still those who care for human innocence and are willing to go against the tide.
Thank you!

Traceless

tangobaby said...

Oh, so sweet and sad. I just spent all Sunday surrounded by blossoms and only wanting them to live forever on their branches.

Even though I know otherwise. Thank you for sharing your poem.

24tango said...

Dear Traceless,

Today I noticed almost all the blossoms are gone and the garden is now without them.

Next spring when the blossoms are here in the garden again I'll watch over them more carefully and warn them even some more. That is the only reality I'd rather us note.

Dear Tangobaby,

I know how you had felt, 'yes!', they are most beautiful when they live on their branches.

MilongaCat.