Tuesday, December 11

Tango Gifts!

I had a lovely Christmas gift last week. My true gift was in what she told me as she gave me her gift-wrapped present. She said "This is for you; you make me feel the most beautiful dancer!" That was an incredibly touching comment. It let me know that I had a part in making someone feel so very special.

The true pleasure of dancing is about how we feel and make others feel. I do believe that this matters much more than how we look when we dance on any Milonga floor.

The beauty of the dance is not in the high kicks, the jumps or the death-drops or however many other well or badly executed acrobatics of "Aerial Moves". Those may easily impress many who don't know much about true expressions of performing arts - including dancing tango but like any good song it is not the numbers present in the orchestra but the melody itself that makes or breaks the pleasure of any music.

Tango is about expressions and feelings, both inside and out. Carols Gavito used to say: "It is not how many complicated steps we take to dance a tango but how we express what we feel with every step in a tango".

I took her gift and thanked her. We had soon joined to dance again some more. The pleasure of knowing how beautiful she felt gave me the feelings of having equally the best of times.

MilongaCat
The only cat who loves you back!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Dear Milonga Cat,

You are right, this is a wonderful gift!!! Wish you many more of those to come!

Tanguera

24tango said...

Dear Tanguera,

I can only wish you the very same, and hope for its magic to spread even further and beyond.

MilongaCat

tangobaby said...

The most important gifts are those that you can't buy. What a sweet story. Thank you for sharing it with us.