Wednesday, October 10

Tango Cringe & Acrobatics

First of all I would like to thank all of you readers who got in touch and showed some concerns or at least your kind curiosity as to why lately my postings had dried up.


"No!" I had not imposed a self-censorship on myself. I had not been banned, threatened, or frightened away by any of the organisers of the tango scene in
London or even the far off places in the UK. Someone had even suggested that perhaps I had stopped my love affair with tango because I have been having an affair of personal nature! This was not the case either plus the fact that my true love of tango never dies, and can not be compromised away.

So in short, I can only say that LIFE had managed to get in the way, but I am now back again.

Although I have been away from these pages and not posted but I kept in touch with the bizarre tango market in
London. It is still in full swing.

I would have liked to have written about the show dances. The theatrics demos by the very inexperienced that made us all cringe - feeling sorry for them embarrassing themselves in the most public manner - or other demos with different cringe factors when we have been treated to the other end of the spectrum in the acrobatics antics performed by some very well known tango artists. They made us wonder if their many years of experience should have taught them to know better - evidently not!

Playing acts of the populist street tango belongs to where it suggests they belong to. These acrobatics are not suitable for demonstrations to those people who actually appreciate and love dancing real Argentine Tango.

Since our seasonal milongas' pre-Christmas tango competitions began a bit earlier than usual this year, there was expectation by many of us that some wonderful new and creative programs may follow soon for this year but suddenly - with some similarly questionable appearances we are witnessing strange coalitions being declared . Consequently the season ended without having ever had a chance to get started. It all fizzled out; an old bottle of lemonade gone flat; tasteless and without sparkles. These came about despite whatever their adverts said!

Finally, I am hoping to keep my promise of logging in and posting into this blog more regularly, I have truly missed you too!

MilongaCat.
The Only Cat Who Loves You Back!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there!
Welcome back! Great to have you back on these pages again. you were missed. Read your piece on "Tango Cringe & Acrobatics" with a lot of interest and as always reached the part which others can not reach! Made me laugh and felt happy that you are still passionate about Tango!
Here is how I feel about dancing and Tango!

Wish I could dance all night
Wish I could dance till dawn time
Wish I could watch the Sun, crawling gently and nestling its warm body in the welcoming arms of the purple blue, crimson sky, celebrating her rebirth, letting her rise and shine
Drowning in the silence of dawn
Breaking through the night
Wish I could touch the horizon in the morning light
Wish I could dance forgetting where I am or who I am,
Remembering the joy and the tenderness,
Caressing my body and soul
Wish I could dance all night….